An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it.
2 silicon atoms wide! The United States made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it.
When ASML’s EUV lithography machine was still worrying about manufacturing 2nm and 1nm chips, American companies made breakthroughs in another advanced lithography direction.
Zyvex used electron beam lithography to manufacture 768 picometers, which is 0.7 picometers. nm chips, which can be used in quantum computers.
The lithography system launched by Zyvex is called ZyvexLitho1.
It is based on STM scanning tunneling microscope and uses EBL electron beam lithography to produce a chip with a line width of 0.7nm.
This accuracy is much higher than that of EUV lithography system, equivalent to With a width of 2 silicon atoms, it is the lithography system with the highest manufacturing precision.
The chips produced by this lithography machine are mainly used for quantum computers, which can produce high-precision solid-state quantum devices, as well as nano-devices and materials. Precision is very important for quantum computers.
The ZyvexLitho1 is not only the most accurate electron beam lithography machine, but it is also commercially available, Zyvex is already taking orders from others, and the machine can be shipped within 6 months.
The accuracy of EBL electron beam lithography machine can easily exceed that of EUV lithography machine.
However, the disadvantage of this technology is also obvious, that is, the yield is very low, and it is impossible to manufacture chips on a large scale.
It is only suitable for making small batches of high-precision chips or devices. , it is not realistic to expect them to replace EUV lithography machines.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?