14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080.
If nothing else, NVIDIA will launch RTX 40 series graphics cards in the second half of this year. The flagship RTX 4090/Ti graphics card will have 18,000 CUDA cores, 24GB of video memory, and the price will be much higher. The RTX 4090 will cost $1,899. At least $400.
For mainstream users, the RTX 4080 graphics card may be more acceptable. It will also use the AD102 large core, but the number of CUDA cores is only 14,000. The GDDR6X video memory bit width is castrated from 384bit to 256bit, but the capacity is 16GB.
As for performance, although more than 4,000 CUDA cores have been castrated, the performance is 60-80% higher than the current RTX 3080 series. After all, the specifications have improved too much.
The price is power consumption. The RTX 4080 graphics card is expected to reach 450W , which is more than 100W higher than the current RTX 3080 10GB/12GB 320/350W.
As for the price, it is rumored that the RTX 4080 graphics card will not increase in price, and it will still start at $699, but it is not in line with NVIDIA’s style if the price is not increased at all. This is the biggest variable.
In short, the RTX 4080 graphics card will perfectly replace the RTX 3080 series graphics cards in terms of performance and memory capacity. The perfect successor to the graphics card.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?