Windows 11 only allowed to be installed on SSD from 2023?
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Windows 11 only allowed to be installed on SSD from 2023? The boot disk with Windows 11 preinstalled will be SSD only.
How many hard drives do you still have on hand? Although in absolute terms, the annual mechanical hard disk still maintains a shipment scale of hundreds of millions.
However, for many consumers, SSD has already become the preferred storage option for their installation, and a large number of notebook products have also eliminated mechanical hard drives.
It seems that Microsoft wants to speed up the switch from mechanical hard drives to SSDs.
According to Trendfocus, OEM manufacturers revealed that Microsoft has notified that starting from 2023, the system startup disk with Windows 11 pre-installed must be SSD .
Although the current minimum storage requirement of Windows 11 is still 64GB, and mechanical hard drives are also acceptable.
In fact, the two major features of Windows 11, DirectStorage and Windows Subsystem for Android, must be enabled in an SSD environment.
Taking DirectStorage as an example, this is a storage subsystem acceleration technology that allows GPU computing shaders to directly access NVMe SSDs and directly process the decompression of game resources without bypassing the CPU, thereby greatly improving game loading speed and reducing Delay, but also save CPU resources.
Obviously, Microsoft’s move can realize the release of more features of Windows 11, while optimizing the user experience, including improving the overall speed, reducing noise, and reducing weight.
However, the unit capacity cost of SSD is still much higher than that of mechanical hard drives, and mechanical hard drives still have the advantage of being stable and reliable.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?