Window 10 Defender: Users suffered high memory usage and black screen
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Window 10 Defender: Users suffered high memory usage and black screen. Still best free anti-virus software?
Win10’s own security software Microsoft Defender, which has been sent to the “God List” by the German anti-software evaluation agency AV-Test many times , seems to have gone wrong.
For Windows 10 20H2 users, Borncity found that the software is the culprit of high memory usage, black screen and other issues in the system.
In addition, Defender can also cause Word 2016 and newer software to take too long to open documents.
According to AdDuplex’s statistics, 20H2 accounts for 6.1% of the current total number of Win10/11 users, which corresponds to about 85 million users, and the base is still not small.
But Defender’s discomfort may not end there. Not long ago, antivirus software testing company AV-Comparatives pointed out in a March report that Defender’s protection is very dependent on network connections, and in offline mode, its killing efficiency is only 60.3%, far lower than Kaspersky, Avast, Xiaohong Umbrella, ESET and other established products.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?