- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Ubuntu 22.10 will support WebP image format by default
Last week, before the Ubuntu 22.10 feature freeze, the webp-pixbuf-loader library was upgraded to the main archive .
According to reports , this is to enable the 22.10 version of the GNOME desktop to support the display of WebP format image thumbnails, and to open WebP format image files in the GNOME Image Viewer .
This means that users don’t need to install additional third-party libraries to get WebP image support out of the box in Ubuntu 22.10 .
WebP is a popular image format developed by Google that supports lossy and lossless compression and can handle animations.
WebP is based on the intra-coding of the VP8 video format.
For lossless compression, WebP compression is generally smaller in file size than PNG and JPEG , and is widely supported by web browsers and other software.
As for the long-term support release Ubuntu 22.04 LTS , it does not currently support WebP image files by default .
webp-pixbuf-loader is the leading solution for the GdkPixbuf loader to support the WebP image file format.
Using webp-pixbuf-loader , GNOME ‘s Nautilus file manager can display thumbnails of WebP images and open the desired images in the GNOME (EOG) image viewer or Shotwell .
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?