TikTok has become the second most popular video app among under-35s in US
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
TikTok has become the second most popular video app among under-35s in US.
According to research by Omdia, TikTok has surpassed Netflix as the second most popular video service for people under the age of 35 in the United States.
Only YouTube stood in the way for TikTok to take the top spot.
However, for those over 35, the app fell to sixth place, with even the BBC ahead of it.
In the U.K. and France, TikTok was fifth among the under-35s, but didn’t even appear in the top 10 among the over-35s.
Commenting on TikTok’s popularity among younger users, Maria Rua Aguete, senior director at Omdia, said.
“For broadcasters, commercial companies or other companies keen to reach younger audiences, the growing importance of TikTok in reaching and developing new audiences should not be underestimated.”
In addition to overtaking Netflix, there has also been a huge jump in the amount of time people spend on the TikTok app.
In 2021, the average time spent on the app rose from 6.4 minutes to 18.1 minutes. In 2021, Facebook leads the way in terms of average watch time, recording an average of 18.7 minutes across the nine countries surveyed.
Omdia said that TikTok may surpass Facebook in 2022, but the latter also has enough ability to fight back.
Facebook launched Reels globally in February 2022, which are short video content that appears in people’s Feeds. It hopes these Reels will stop the exodus of younger users, many of whom have switched to TikTok content.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?