The revolutionary CAMM DDR5 memory is officially released
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
The revolutionary CAMM DDR5 memory is officially released: a single memory is easily 128GB, and it is also 57% thinner.
Dell released the new Precision 2022 mobile workstation product line, not only the first Intel Alder Lake-HX series 12th generation Core top mobile version, the highest optional RTX 3080 Ti graphics card (Intel Arc professional graphics card in the future), but also brought a new CAMM DDR5 memory form.
The full name of CAMM is ” Compression Attached Memory Module “, which is a new form different from traditional SO-DIMM notebook memory. ), which equals four standard 32GB DDR5 SO-DIMMs , ideal for workstations requiring large amounts of memory.
Of course, its area is much larger. It is a small PCB circuit board, and memory chips can be installed on both sides. It is fixed on a special CAMM Compress interface using two upper and lower bolster plates.
Interestingly, according to media reports, CAMM is not unique to Dell, but is jointly built by memory manufacturers and Intel, but Dell did contribute most of the design and applied for a patent.
In terms of specifications, the frequency of CAMM DDR5 128GB is only 3600MHz, and the 64GB, 32GB, and 16GB are standard 4800MHz.
128GB and 64GB are double-sided, while 32GB and 16GB are single-sided.
The capacity of a single chip is 2GB, so 64 chips, 32 chips, 16 chips, and 8 chips are used respectively.
It seems that none of the CAMM DDR5 supports ECC , which is a loss for workstation applications.
Of course, if you don’t need this special memory, the Dell Precision 2022 series still provides standard DDR5 SO-DIMMs, including single 8GB, 16GB, double 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB, with a frequency of 4800MHz, and optional support for ECC.
The weird thing is that Dell even provides a conversion bracket that can install SO-DIMM memory at the same time, but it is not clear what the point is, is it allowed to mix it?
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?