Steam Survey: Arch Linux Surpasses Ubuntu in May
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Steam Survey: Arch Linux Surpasses Ubuntu in May.
With the release of the Steam May survey results, the Linux platform’s user percentage base dropped slightly this month, and the most popular Linux distribution switched from Ubuntu LTS to Arch Linux.
Steam’s May survey results showed that Linux’s overall market share fell slightly by 0.02% to 1.12%, compared to 96.68% for Windows and 2.2% for macOS.
With Steam’s overall user base continuing to grow, the absolute number of Linux users should continue to rise.
The chart below shows Steam statistics for April , when Ubuntu 20.04 LTS remained the most popular distribution with a market share of 0.16%, Arch Linux at 0.14%, followed by Arch-based Manjaro Linux at 0.13%.
And in May, Arch Linux 64-bit surpassed Ubuntu 20.04 LTS as the most popular Linux distribution.
Rolling releases of Arch Linux are counted as the same release compared to Ubuntu’s releases, which is no small advantage.
Of course, Manjaro Linux and other Arch Linux derivatives are also counted separately.
Meanwhile, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS now appears in the list as a new release, with a total of 0.09%.
Other data are shown in the figure, the most common memory is 16 GB, and the number of CPUs is generally 4 cores…
Data based on Steam survey results in May 2022 .
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?