Ryzen 7 5800X3D: Unlock the BIOS and frequency is rushed to 4.9GHz
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D: Unlock the BIOS and frequency is rushed to 4.9GHz.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D overclocking is cracked to unlock the BIOS: the frequency is rushed to 4.9GHz.
A few days ago, AMD officially lifted the ban on the Ryzen 7 5800X3D processor. This is the first desktop CPU to use 3D V-Cache caching technology.
It has a total of 100MB cache, and its game performance exceeds that of the Core i9-12900K processor. The price is only about $465, it is very cost-effective to play games.
The only slot of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D processor is overclocking. AMD is probably concerned about heat dissipation and power consumption, so it does not support the overclocking of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D. The multiplier is not adjustable, and it can only exceed the memory frequency, which also limits the playability of the processor.
Since AMD does not allow overclocking, motherboard manufacturers will bypass restrictions from other perspectives.
MSI recently launched a BIOS based on AGESA 184.108.40.206 microcode, allowing users to increase the BLCK FSB of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D, because some high-end motherboards of MSI are integrated If you have an external frequency generator, you can adjust it yourself.
Compared with the default 100MHz FSB, the Ryzen 7 5800X3D can be boosted to 107MHz in the MSI BIOS, and with the multiplier of 45.5x, the frequency of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D easily reaches 4.85GHz, which is 350MHz higher than the default 4.5GHz frequency.
Of course, the performance after overclocking has also improved.
The single-core performance of the R23 has increased from 1485 to 1595 points, an increase of about 8%, which is basically proportional to the frequency.
Players who intend to buy the Ryzen 7 5800X3D processor can pay attention.
Some motherboards of MSI can be overclocked in this way. Other manufacturers are not sure.
This is also related to the external integrated frequency generator of the motherboard.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?