Russia self-developed PCIe 4.0 SSD : Maximum 16TB Speed 1.5GB/s
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Russia self-developed PCIe 4.0 SSD : Maximum 16TB Speed 1.5GB/s.
In addition to the self-developed ARM/RISC-V system processors, Russia is also promoting the localization of SSD main control chips.
At the Innoprom 2022 international industrial exhibition, the Russian company Kraftway released its self-developed SSD main control chip K1942VK018. This is a PCIe 4.0 master.
The core used by the K1942VK018 main controller is also different. It is not ARM but an open source RISC-V architecture.
TSMC 28nm HPC+ process foundry, supports 3D MLC, TLC flash memory, and may support QLC flash memory in the future, including Kaixia, Micron and even China Yangtze River storage flash.
The SSD using this master controller is produced by GS Nanotech in Russia, supports PCIe 4.0 x4 and NVMe 1.4, the maximum capacity can reach 16TB, the continuous read and write speed exceeds 1500MB/s, and the 4K random read and write are 200K and 150K IOPS respectively. .
However, as a PCIe 4.0 hard drive, the performance of 1.5GB/s is obviously too low, and the published test results are lower, the read is only 1GB/s, and the write is less than 500MB/s. There are many problems to be solved.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?