RTX 4090/4080/4070 power consumption exposure
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Makes Satellite Calls: Only US$0.18/minute
- Huawei Mate60 Pro: First Smart Phone Supports Satellite Calls
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
RTX 4090/4080/4070 power consumption exposure: straight-line surge increased by more than 80%
How much of a performance boost is a mystery when it comes to next-gen RTX 40-series graphics cards.
But there are indications that the power consumption seems to soar collectively, and the energy efficiency of the Ada Lovelace architecture is not optimistic.
According to the latest information given by the exposure master kopite7kimi, the RTX 4090 public version scheme number PG139-SKU330 still has the opportunity to reach a high power consumption of 600W, which is an increase of more than 70% compared to the 350W of the RTX 3090.
The RTX 4080 public version scheme number is PG139-SK360, that is, both of them are AD103 cores (RTX 4090 Ti AD102), and their power consumption is expected to be 420W, which is also an increase of more than 30% compared to the RTX 3080 320W.
The core of RTX 4070 is AD104. It was originally planned to use GDDR6 video memory, but now it has been changed to GDDR6X, which also brings further power consumption increase.
It is expected to reach 400W, which is an increase of more than 80% compared to RTX 3070 220W.
As for the more mainstream RTX 4060, the specific power consumption value is temporarily unavailable, but it is basically higher than the RTX 3070, and the visual observation is about 250W, which is almost half of the RTX 3060.
kopite7kimi admitted that he no longer cares when it is released, but is only curious about the performance, such as whether the RTX 4060 can surpass the RTX 3070.
It has been said a few days ago that the RTX 40 series actually has no lit engineering card yet, and the release is still in the future.
In related news, Seasonic listed the AMD RX 7000 series in its power consumption calculator.
The RX 7900 XT and RX 7800 XT require a minimum power supply of 750W, and the RX 7700 XT corresponds to a 650W power supply.
This implies that the power consumption of the RX 7000 series will not be so exaggerated, but what Seasonic lists may be just placeholders, and the authenticity is hard to say.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?