Performance of NVIDIA Ampere graphics card still twice that of AMD MI250
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Performance of NVIDIA Ampere graphics card still twice that of AMD MI250.
In the graphics card market, NVIDIA is far ahead of AMD in both game cards and accelerator cards.
Even the Ampere graphics card A100 released by NVIDIA two years ago has more than double the performance than the Instinct MI250 released by AMD at the end of last year, with obvious advantages.
NVIDIA recently announced the comparison between the A100 accelerator card and the AMD MI250 accelerator card in the official blog.
The test is mainly for applications such as LAMMPS, NAMD, openMM, GROMACS and AMBER, which are very popular in the data center.
In the same 4-way GPU configuration, the performance of the A100 graphics card is at least 10% higher, and more than 40% ahead.
In the highest Amber application, the performance advantage of the A100 reaches 110%, which is twice as high.
In the case of a single card, the A100 can lead at most 90% of the performance of the MI250 graphics card.
If it is compared to energy efficiency, NVIDIA is more confident. Compared with AMD’s MI250, the A100 has a maximum energy efficiency advantage of 180%, which is very important for data centers.
You know, A100 is an accelerator card released by NVIDIA in May 2020.
It is manufactured by TSMC 7nm process, integrates up to 54.2 billion transistors, has a core area of 826 square millimeters, built-in 6912 FP32 CUDA cores, and has a maximum acceleration frequency of 1.4GHz. 512-bit 40GB HBM2 video memory, bandwidth up to 1.6TB/s.
Compared with the V100 core of the previous generation Volt architecture, its INT8 reasoning and FP32 training performance has been improved by 20 times, and the FP64 computing performance has been improved by 2.5 times, which is the biggest improvement in history.
As for the MI250 accelerator card, this is an accelerator card released by AMD in November last year, upgraded to the new CDNA2 computing architecture, with an upgraded 6nm FinFET process, 58 billion transistors, and the use of 2.5D EFB bridge technology, the industry’s first multi-Die integrated package (MCM), with two cores integrated inside.
The Instinct MI250 has 208 computing units, 13312 stream processor cores, 128GB HBM2e with 8192-bit width, 1.6GHz frequency, 3276.8GB/s peak bandwidth, and supports full-chip ECC.
AMD said that the Instinct MI200 series performance double-precision performance is up to 4.9 times higher than competing products, and up to 4 times higher than the previous generation.
Coincidentally, a few days ago, Microsoft also selected AMD’s MI200 series accelerator cards for the first time to provide AI acceleration for cloud computing.
AMD’s 5x friend has very good performance and is very powerful. NVIDIA will release the test immediately, without the latest version.
The H100 accelerator card was released, and the A100 accelerator card 2 years ago was taken out to compare with the MI250 accelerator card.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?