NVIDIA releases DLSS 3: Revolutionary AI frame generation technology and performance soars 4 times
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Makes Satellite Calls: Only US$0.18/minute
- Huawei Mate60 Pro: First Smart Phone Supports Satellite Calls
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
NVIDIA releases DLSS 3: Revolutionary AI frame generation technology and performance soars 4 times.
At the same time as the RTX 40 series was released, NVIDIA also brought a new generation of DLSS 3 super-sampling super-resolution technology, based on AI-driven performance multipliers, claiming to open a new era of RTX neural network rendering games and applications.
In fact, the first generation of DLSS that was born with the RTX 20 series pursued AI-driven and neural network rendering, but because of the immature conditions, the performance at that time was disappointing, especially the blurry picture.
The second-generation DLSS 2.x series has adjusted the technical ideas, and the effect has been greatly improved.
Both the picture quality and performance are satisfactory, and it has been supported by more than 200 games and applications.
DLSS 3 can be said to have finally realized NVIDIA’s original long-cherished wish.
Based on the hardware of RTX 40 series graphics cards, fourth-generation Tensor Core tensor cores, and optical flow accelerators, it supports groundbreaking optical multi-frame generation.
The revolutionary thing about optical multi-frame generation technology is that it can directly generate a new complete frame, not just a single pixel.
It uses an optical flow accelerator to analyze two consecutive game images, and calculates the motion vector data of objects and elements between frames , instead of using the motion vectors of traditional game engines for modeling, which greatly reduces the amount of AI in rendering such as Visual anomalies with elements such as particles, reflections, shadows, lighting, etc.
By synthesizing a pair of super-resolution frames in the game, along with the engine and optical flow motion vectors, and feeding them into a convolutional neural network, a new frame can be computed, a first for real-time game rendering.
Combined with DLSS to generate new frames, DLSS super-resolution frames, DLSS 3 can use AI to reconstruct up to 7/8 of the display pixels, and the performance of the game can be improved by 4 times compared with no DLSS.
It is worth mentioning that DLSS is executed as post-processing when generating frames on the GPU, so even if the game is limited by CPU performance, you can get a significant performance improvement from it, such as physical calculation-intensive games or large scene games, performance can be improved. 2 times.
DLSS 3 also integrates NVIDIA Reflex, which synchronizes the GPU and CPU to ensure optimal responsiveness and low system latency.
The first launch of DLSS 3 has/will support 36 games, 3 game engines, and 2 applications.
Among them, NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios used the new RTX Remix MOD platform to redesign Valve’s classic video game “Portal”, supporting panoramic ray tracing, DLSS 3, and just in time for the 15th anniversary of the game’s birth, the RTX version of the free DLC will be Released in November.
RTX Remix allows modders to easily capture game footage, utilize powerful AI tools to automatically enhance materials, and quickly bring games into the world of RTX with ray tracing and DLSS.
The following is a detailed list of supported games and applications for DLSS 3 (in alphabetical order):
– A Plague Tale: Requiem
– “Atomic Heart”
– “Black Myth: Wukong” (Black Myth: Wukong)
– “Bright Memory: Infinite”
– Conqueror’s Blade
– “Cyberpunk 2077”
– “Dakar Rally”
– Deliver Us Mars
– Destroy All Humans! 2 – Reprobed
– Dying Light 2: Stay Human
－ 《F1 22》
– “Shadow Torch City” (FIST: Forged In Shadow Torch)
– “HITMAN 3”
– Hogwarts Legacy
– “Wing Star Survival” (ICARUS)
– “Jurassic World Evolution 2”
– “Against the Cold” (Justice)
– Microsoft Flight Simulator
– “Midnight Ghost Hunt”
– “Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord”
– “Naraka: Bladepoint” (Naraka: Bladepoint)
– “Broken” (PERISH)
– Portal With RTX
– “STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl” (STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl)
– “Sword and Fairy 7”
– “The Edge of Rebirth” (SYNCED)
– “The Lord of the Rings: Gollum”
– “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt” (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
– “THRONE AND LIBERTY”
– 《Tower of Fantasy》
– “Warhammer 40K: Darktide” (Warhammer 40,000: Darktide)
－ NVIDIA Omniverse
－ NVIDIA Racer RTX
– Frost Engine
– Unity engine
– Unreal Engine 4 & 5
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?