Milestone: Nintendo Switch cumulative sales surpass PS4 in North America
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Milestone: Nintendo Switch cumulative sales surpass PS4 in North America.
Nintendo Switch has been selling well since its release, and Nintendo does not need to increase sales through promotions such as price cuts.
The long-term hot sale has even caused shortages in many regions from time to time. Previously, Nintendo officially stated that the Nintendo Switch has come to “the mid-point of its lifecycle”.
Recently, NPD Group provided sales data for April 2022, showing that Nintendo has reached a new milestone in North America, as the cumulative sales of the Nintendo Switch in the region has surpassed that of the PlayStation 4, leaving only three in front of it.
The consoles are PlayStation 2, Xbox 360 and Wii, and Nintendo Switch can also be used as a handheld.
Nintendo also recently announced its financial report for fiscal year 2021 (April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022), showing that global sales of Nintendo Switch reached 107.65 million units and total software sales reached 822.18 million copies.
The Nintendo Switch sold 23.06 million units throughout fiscal 2021, hitting its 23 million target, with 4.11 million units sold in the first quarter of this year.
The Nintendo Switch is the seventh game console in history to sell more than 100 million units, after the PlayStation 2, DS, Game Boy, PlayStation 4, PlayStation and Wii.
The NPD Group said the North American gaming industry had a solid month, with players spending $4.3 billion on games, accessories and hardware, down 8 percent year-over-year, though hardware sales rose 16 percent year-over-year, ranking first The first is the Nintendo Switch, and the second is the Xbox Series X/S, with the PlayStation 5, which has been hit by a supply shortage, lagging behind its rivals.
In terms of game sales, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga took the top spot, beating out the all-time hit Elden Ring, Major League Baseball 22 (MLB The Show 22) came in third.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?