Microsoft selects the best app in the Microsoft Store
- Seagate 12TB HDD: 7.46% failure rate and 1.5 year lifespan
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Microsoft selects the best app in the Microsoft Store: Screenshot app ShareX and other awards
Microsoft recently selected the best apps on the Windows 10/11 platform.
It is worth noting that this selection is on a global scale and is finally determined after user votes.
In the Utilities category, screenshot app ShareX and internet speed app Speedtest by Ookla won.
Among the finalists in the utility category include:
● Ffast – two-factor authenticator with TOTP support
● Fluent Screen Recorder – an application that records your screen.
● My ASUS – an application to manage your ASUS device, when there is a problem with your device, you can contact the company’s support. MyASUS also lets you manage your WiFi settings, improve battery life and more.
● Screenbits – screen recorder. This is a new screen recorder with basic and advanced controls.
● ShareX – ShareX is our favorite open source app for capturing screenshots, GIFs, and more.
● Speedtest by Ookla – a simple app to test the performance of your internet connection.
● Torrex Lite – Torrent downloader.
● Visum Photo Viewer – a modern replacement for the Photos application.
● WiFi Analyzer – a new application for monitoring and improving wireless connections.
File management category shortlisted applications:
● 8 Zip – a simple application for archiving and extracting compressed files.
● Files App – a powerful file management application. It comes with tab support, full dark mode, WinUI controls, rounded corners and Mica.
● HEIC to JPEG – a simple application to convert HEIC to JPEG.
● IrfanView64 – This is a very fast, compact and innovative image viewer/converter for Windows .
● Metro Commander – Yet another modern file manager for Windows.
● Mp3tag – a powerful and easy-to-use application that can change the metadata of audio files such as ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, etc.
● NanaZip – 3rd party alternative to 7Zip with a modern interface and more.
● One Commander
● QuickLook – This application implements macOS-like QuickView functionality for Windows 11.
● Rufus –
● Shrestha Files Pro – a new, modern file manager.
The winners of the final vote were Files and Rufus. Files is a full-fledged UWP and modern file explorer replacement, while Rufus lets you create bootable installation media for Windows.
Open Platform category shortlist
This category is particularly dedicated to open source projects. In the Open Platform category, there are three winners – Auto Dark Mode, EarTrumpet and Modern Flyouts.
Auto Dark Mode is a simple app that automatically enables dark mode based on your local time; EarTrumpet is a powerful open source project that can replace the volume mixer on the Windows taskbar.
The third is Modern Flyouts, which replaces the little popup that appears when you adjust the volume or brightness with a modern look.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?