Microsoft no longer allows users in Russia to download Windows 11/10 systems
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Microsoft no longer allows users in Russia to download Windows 11/10 systems.
According to Russian media reports, Microsoft suddenly blocked Russian users a few days ago.
Accessing the system download page of Microsoft’s official website from Russia will display a 404 error, and Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems cannot be downloaded. According to reports, when users in Russia download the official Windows 11 image, the site displays the message “There is a problem with your request”, and when trying to download tools for installing Windows 10 or Windows 11, the site goes to a blank page with “404 – File or directory not found”.
After the reporter tried it, they found that access to the Internet through the cable network or mobile Internet in Russia would be restricted, and the IP addresses of other countries would be normal.
At present , Microsoft has not responded to the matter, and it is uncertain whether this is a technical fault or intentional. In March this year, Microsoft said that it would not terminate services for Russia.
However , the actual impact of Russian users’ inability to download Windows 11 and Windows 10 systems from Microsoft’s official website is small, and there are a lot of system diversion addresses on the Internet.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?