Microsoft confirmed and fixed the abnormal CPU usage of Windows 11
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Microsoft confirmed and fixed the abnormal CPU usage of Windows 11.
There is an issue with high CPU usage on Windows 11 systems.
Based on the information currently available, this problem is caused by the Shell Infrastructure Host process “sihost.exe”, which is reflected in the user’s feeling that the system is moving slowly.
Afterwards, Microsoft said that it has solved this problem.
There are many factors that cause the high CPU usage by the “sihost.exe” process, and this time the cause of Windows 11 failure may be one of them.
A bug in Windows 11 apparently caused a CPU bug, even after a full system reinstall. Users say that even a simple file transfer can send the CPU usage of the “sihost.exe” process soaring.
To verify that Microsoft really fixed the issue, one user reinstalled Windows 11 on a Lenovo ThinkPad-P72 and installed all the updates provided by Windows Update.
After the Shell Infrastructure Host (sihost.exe) process started, the CPU usage returned to normal.
Windows 11 received a new update in the Windows Insider Program that fixes this pesky issue that was causing high CPU usage.
“We fixed an issue that, in some cases, caused sihost.exe to use a lot of CPU,” Microsoft wrote in the KB5016700 changelog.
Many users are also sighing, Windows 11 has so many inexplicable bugs, it is really too difficult…
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?