Linux Lite 6.0 released: Linux distribution for Windows users
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Linux Lite 6.0 released: Linux distribution for Windows users.
Linux Lite is a Debian and Ubuntu based Linux distribution that provides a lightweight desktop experience with a customized Xfce desktop environment.
It includes a suite of Lite applications to make it easier for Linux newbies. Linux Lite was created to make the user’s transition from Windows to a Linux-based operating system as smooth as possible.
Linux Lite 6.0 is code-named Fluorite, and the stable version is officially released one and a half months after the release of the RC version.
The updates for Linux 6.0 are as follows:
New window theme: Materia
Materia is a new window theme, Materia is regularly maintained, it supports GTK 2, GTK 3, GTK 4, GNOME Shell, Budgie, Cinnamon, MATE, Unity, Xfce, LightDM, GDM, Chrome themes and more. Materia also has both light and dark themes.
The on-screen keyboard application is Onboard, the on-screen virtual keyboard is an alternative input method that can replace the real hardware keyboard.
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader from the Gnome Project for the blind or visually impaired. Orca uses various combinations of speech synthesis and Braille to help provide access to applications.
The feature is self-explanatory, you can use the left Alt + mouse wheel key combination to zoom in on any part of the desktop.
New default web browser
Use Google Chrome to replace the original Firefox, and the built-in Virus Total virus scanner in the Chrome browser (disabled by default).
When enabled, Chrome will ask you if you want to scan files before opening them.
New GRUB menu:
Memtest no longer appears in the Grub menu. With so many PEs and bootable tech tools out there these days, it seems like an unnecessary extra.
Linux Lite will now provide the latest stable release with each release , no more unstable releases (shown below).
System Monitoring Center:
Gone are the original Task Manager and Process Viewer, replaced by a more feature-rich System Monitoring Center tool.
Through System Monitoring Center, users can obtain information about CPU, RAM, disk, network and GPU. Also get performance, processes, startup, services, and system tools and information in one easy-to-use, highly configurable application.
- Linux Kernel: 5.15
- Xfce 4.16
- Chrome: 102
- Thunderbird: 91.9.1
- VLC: 3.0.16
- Gimp: 2.10.30
- LibreOffice: 126.96.36.199
- Based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Papirus is still the default icon theme
More details can be found here:
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?