Intel ARC graphics card XeSS measured: performance increased by 40%
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Intel ARC graphics card XeSS measured: performance increased by 40%. DLSS has an opponent!
Intel launched the Arc A380 graphics card a few days ago.
It is also Intel’s first high-performance desktop game card.
It not only supports light pursuit, but also has a game magic skill.
It is XeSS, similar to NVIDIA’s DLSS technology or AMD’s FSR technology.
XeSS is an AI-based oversampling technology.
AI enhances image quality or improves performance.
It has 5 different presets, including super performance, performance, balance, quality and super quality.
Another advantage of XeSS is that it does not rely on a dedicated acceleration unit. In theory, AMD or NVIDIA graphics cards can be used, and the applicability is very wide.
Intel’s previous introduction shows that in super performance mode, XeSS improves performance by up to 153% compared to native 4K image quality, while super quality provides up to 27% performance improvement over native at 4K resolution.
Of course, the actual performance improvement depends on the specific situation.
Intel recently demonstrated the performance of XeSS in the “Death Stranding” game at an event in Japan.
Judging from the pictures, the native frame rate at 1080p is 50fps, and after XeSS is turned on, it increases to 71fps, and the performance is improved by 40%, exceeding the 60fps mark, so that the scenes that are not very smooth can also benefit.
This is still the performance of Arc A380, which is a thousand-dollar independent display, and it is not clear which performance mode it is, but the actual game performance improvement of 40% is already very good, at least the first-time efficiency is not disappointing, and we will wait for more later.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?