Google needs 60 years to reach Samsung’s 1-year phone sales
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Google needs 60 years to reach Samsung’s 1-year phone sales.
Phones running the Android operating system always started out by other companies, but the idea of giving users a pure Android experience led Google to start making its own hardware.
It started with the Nexus line, then the Pixel line in 2016, and while the first three generations had a raucous response from critics and users, things started to go downhill after the Pixel 4.
Cruelly, however, it will take decades for Google Pixel phones to catch up with Samsung , no matter how good the response .
Bloomberg’s Vlad Savov shares some interesting facts that show us just how long Google’s road to domination of the phone hardware market has been, and truth be told, it’s not looking good.
According to data shared by IDC, Google has only managed to sell 27.6 million Pixel phones since 2016. That’s equivalent to 1/10 of Samsung’s sales in 2021.
Do the math and you’ll see that it would take Google 60 years to sell as many phones as Samsung in a year, an insane difference that makes you wonder where Google is going wrong.
However, Google hasn’t really done anything wrong.
The company is not essentially a competitor to Samsung, but more like an insurance policy for its own Android ecosystem, especially when traditional phone makers such as LG completely exit the market, HTC Almost withdrew from the market, and Android mobile phones from mainland China have gradually become less optimistic
. Apart from Samsung, there may be only Sony, which is also tepid.
Google doesn’t seem to be stopping development and production of Pixel phones, in fact, we could see the Pixel 7 series soon.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?