GeForce RTX 4080 or with 9728 CUDA cores: Nvidia revamps RTX 4070 specs again
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
GeForce RTX 4080 or with 9728 CUDA cores: Nvidia revamps RTX 4070 specs again.
Although the release time of the Ada Lovelace GPU is getting closer, Nvidia still seems to hesitate, and the specifications of the GeForce RTX 40 series have not been fully confirmed.
Nvidia is rumored to have revised the GeForce RTX 40-series specs several times during the product pre-release cycle, and at times, the changes have been relatively large.
Recently, some netizens revealed that the GeForce RTX 4080 is equipped with AD103-300-A1, has 9728 CUDA cores, the corresponding SM number is 76, has 16GB of GDDR6X memory, the speed is 21Gbps, the PCB design is PG136/139-SKU360, the whole block The power consumption of the graphics card is about 420W, and the 3DMark Time Spy Extreme score is about 15,000 points, which is about 35% higher than the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti.
Compared to the 10,240 CUDA cores or 80 SMs rumored in the past, the specs are down.
Considering that Nvidia switched from Samsung to TSMC this time, coupled with the progress of the process, the core frequency may be greatly improved.
Samsung’s 8nm is strictly an optimized version of 10nm, which lags behind TSMC’s 7nm process node, while Nvidia skips the latter this time and advances to the 5nm process node, which theoretically will have a qualitative leap.
In addition, NVIDIA has revised the specifications of the GeForce RTX 4070 again, the number of SMs has been increased from 56 to 60, the number of CUDA cores has been increased from 7168 to 7680, the equipped video memory has been changed from 10GB GDDR6 to 12GB GDDR6X, and the bit width has also been changed from 160 bits.
It was increased to 192 bits, and the speed was also increased to the same 21Gbps as the GeForce RTX 4080.
The memory bandwidth was directly increased from 360GB/s to 504GB/s, which was a big change. The score of 3DMark Time Spy Extreme exceeded 11,000 points.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?