FSP launches ATX 3.0 power supply: Supports PCIe 5.0 and up to 600W graphics card
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
FSP launches ATX 3.0 power supply: Supports PCIe 5.0 and up to 600W graphics card.
The maximum power consumption of AMD and NVIDIA’s next-generation graphics cards will easily exceed 500W. The current power supply can no longer keep up.
Yesterday, Intel released the ATX 3.0 power supply specification , which supports PCIe 5.0 graphics cards. The power consumption has reached 600W.
It is the first to launch ATX 3.0 power supply, which can directly supply 600W graphics card without interface conversion.
In the ATX 3.0 power supply specification, one of the biggest changes is that the new 12VHPWR 16-pin interface can directly provide up to 600W power supply for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards and expansion cards, and there are three grades of 450W, 300W, and 150W.
According to the specification requirements, the power supply with the maximum power exceeding 450W must be equipped with a 12VHPWR interface as standard.
If the current ATX 2.3 power supply needs to support high-power PCIe 5.0 graphics cards, it needs to be converted to be compatible with 12VHPWR 16-pin, which is troublesome.
The new generation of power supplies launched by FSP supports the ATX 3.0 specification, including the Hydro G PRO and PTM PRO series, which will be directly equipped with new interfaces, which can support up to 600W graphics card power supply, saving the trouble of switching interfaces.
At present, the product series planned by FSP are mainly Hydro G PRO 850W/1000W Gold Series and Hydro PTM PRO 850W/1000W/1200W Platinum Series, which come with 12VHPWR interface and corresponding 12+4Pin PCIE cable, while retaining the original interface. Compatibility is good.