FreeBSD 13.1 released: Performance improvements and Better RISC-V support
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
FreeBSD 13.1 released: Performance improvements and Better RISC-V support.
FreeBSD 13.1 has been released , which provides performance improvements and better RISC-V support.
Here are some of the more important changes:
Userland application changes
- For 64-bit architectures, position-independent executable (PIE) support is enabled by default on the underlying system.
- New zfskeys rc (8) service script that allows automatic decryption of ZFS datasets encrypted with ZFS native encryption during startup.
- NVMe emulation upgraded to version 1.4 of the NVMe specification
- Added additional Alt Gr mapping for the Brazilian Portuguese ABNT2 keyboard.
- svnlite is disabled in builds by default
Runtime Libraries and APIs
- Added assembly-optimized code for OpenSSL on powerpc, powerpc64, and powerpc64le.
- Detection of CPU features speeds up cryptographic operations for ARMv7 and ARM64 has been fixed to greatly speed up aes-256-gcm and sha256.
- Enables building ASAN and UBSAN libraries on risc-v 64 and riscv-64-sf.
- The OFED library is now built on riscv64 and riscv64sf.
- The OPENMP library is now built on riscv64 and riscv64sf.
- Fix corrupted output on serial console on powerpc64.
- CAS already supports Radix MMU.
- Fix running FreeBSD with HPT superpage on QEMU with TCG.
- Superpage support has been added to pmap_mincore on powerpc64 (le).
- Added HWCAP/HWCAP2 auxiliary parameter support for 32-bit ARM binaries on arm64.
- Added support for HiFive Unmatched RISC-V boards.
More details can be found here: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/13.1R/relnotes/
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?