Free genuine Office U disk “falls from the sky”
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Free genuine Office U disk “falls from the sky”, many people are greedy for cheap: virus infected after plugging into the computer.
As the saying goes, “no free meal will fall from the sky”, no matter how they are told, some people still want to take risks and get cheap.
According to media reports, the “Free Office” trap appeared in the UK a few days ago, and many people have been recruited.
The thing is, some users accidentally received the package, the outer package is the genuine Microsoft Office Professional Plus software, and after opening it, there is a U disk inside.
Picking up such a “treasure”, naturally some people want to try it. After all, a set of genuine Office Professional Plus costs about Hundreds GBP.
After plugging it into the computer, everything works fine, and the Office installation wizard pops up, but a customer support call needs to be contacted for a successful installation.
After getting through, the customer service will persuade the authorization to open the remote management authority of the computer and provide the personal information related to the payment.
In fact, even if the user says no, the malware in the USB flash drive has been implanted into the computer and has actually become a “chicken”.
Apparently this was an organized fraudulent activity, and security experts later said that the group actually sent the USB flash drive randomly, and the packaging used was also genuine.
What they are betting on is that there will definitely be someone who wants to be cheap, and as long as the wisher takes the bait, it will not fail.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?