Fedora 38 confirms GnuTLS acceleration with Kernel TLS
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Fedora 38 confirms GnuTLS acceleration with Kernel TLS.
The Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) approved the proposal to accelerate GnuTLS using Kernel TLS (kTLS) and will be available on Fedora 38 next spring.
To provide higher performance for GnuTLS on Fedora, Fedora 38 wants to load the Kernel TLS (KTLS) module as part of the encryption strategy.
In this way, GnuTLS leverages KTLS to offload encryption/decryption to the kernel, especially in scenarios such as network block devices, which helps reduce data copying and context switching.
Even for systems lacking cryptographic offload hardware, kTLS can improve performance because its work may end up being done on a different CPU core than the application.
This change proposal was led by Red Hat, with a particular focus on delivering higher performance for network block devices.
Red Hat engineers want to accelerate GnuTLS with Kernel TLS, enabling faster live virtual machine migrations, increasing the speed of encrypted network block devices, and other similar use cases.
If there is a problem with KTLS, GnuTLS will fall back to running in the existing user mode.
Check out this Fedora Wiki page for more details on this proposed change.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?