- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
When asked if there was anything that could replace it in the foreseeable future, Crockford said he had always hoped it could, but in fact there were two difficulties: “First, we don’t have a language yet. It needs to be specialized A minimal-capability-based actor language designed for secure distributed programming. Second, we need all browser makers to adopt it, while replacing the DOM with a well-designed interface.”
In this regard, some netizens on Reddit also expressed their opinions:
As Douglas said before, the DOM is a horrible abstraction for creating applications. It is designed for text documents.
The modern use case of the web is hacked by a technology that is fundamentally designed to properly support a more limited purpose.
The real solution is to replace every browser’s DOM API with something for rendering 2D/3D graphics, taking discoverability, accessibility, and machine readability into account.
This new engine can use any new language appropriately designed to handle this use case.
The concept or website will change in this way. It can be an application via udp/tcp.
I believe JS is a symptom, not a problem.
The limitation of the browser concept itself is the problem, it doesn’t match the purpose for which we use it.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?