Urgent! Chrome 32 extensions were implanted with malicious programs
- Huawei Mate 60 Pro Makes Satellite Calls: Only US$0.18/minute
- Huawei Mate60 Pro: First Smart Phone Supports Satellite Calls
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Urgent! Chrome 32 extensions were implanted with malicious programs and the downloads exceeded 75 million times.
Google browser Chrome is one of the browsers with the most users in the world. Many people will download third-party extensions and plug-ins through the Chrome application store platform to make daily operations more convenient.
However, the information security website Avast found that the number of downloads exceeds 75 million times. The 32 extension tools contained malicious programs, and users who have downloaded them are urged to delete them as soon as possible.
Information security company Avast recently issued a warning that there are 32 malicious extension tools hidden in the Chrome app store platform, with a total download and installation volume of up to 75 million times.
The types include plug-in tools such as ad blockers and browser themes.
These plug-in programs look like ordinary tools . , but the malicious source code is hidden in the code.
When users browse the web, they will be directed to a specific web page full of advertisements, and take the opportunity to earn extra income.
Avast urges users to check the developers, read reviews, and be especially wary of unusual requests for excessive permissions and irrelevant extensions when installing extensions , even if they are downloaded from the official Chrome app.
Avast has reported the problem of malicious extensions to Google, and all discovered malicious extensions have been removed from the Chrome app store platform; please refer to the Avast website for the identification codes of 32 malicious extensions .
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?