CAT5e CAT6 CAT6a CAT7 Comparison
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
CAT5e CAT6 CAT6a CAT7 Comparison. The key difference among them is the speed and bandwidth.
Cat5e and Cat6 network cables work on the same principle, and both have the same type of RJ-45 plug, and can be plugged into any Ethernet jack on a computer, router, or other similar devices.
Although they have many similarities, they have some differences.
Cat5e network cables are used in Gigabit Ethernet, with a transmission distance of up to 100m, and can support a transmission speed of 1000Mbps.
Cat6 network cable can provide up to 10Gbps transmission speed in 250MHz bandwidth.
The transmission distance of Cat5e network cable and Cat6 network cable are both 100m, but when using 10GBASE-T application, the maximum transmission distance of Cat6 network cable can reach 55 meters.
The main difference between Cat5e and Cat6 is the transmission performance. Cat6 cable has an internal splitter to reduce interference or near-end crosstalk (NEXT).
Compared with Cat5e cable, it also improves far-end crosstalk (ELFEXT), and has lower return loss and insertion loss. Therefore, Cat6 Better performance of the network cable
Cat6 network cable supports up to 10G transmission speed, frequency bandwidth up to 250MHz, while Cat6a network cable can support up to 500MHz frequency bandwidth, which is twice that of Cat6 network cable.
Cat7 network cable supports up to 600MHz frequency bandwidth, and also supports 10GBASE-T Ethernet.
In addition, compared with Cat6 network cable and Cat6a network cable, Cat7 network cable greatly reduces crosstalk noise.
Cat5e network cable, Cat6 network cable and Cat6a network cable all have RJ45 connectors, but the connector of Cat7 network cable is special, and its connector type is GigaGate45 (CG45).
At present, Cat6 network cable and Cat6a network cable have been approved by TIA/EIA standard, but Cat7 network cable is not. Cat6 network cable and Cat6a network cable are suitable for home use.
On the contrary, if you are running multiple applications, it is best to choose Cat7 network cable, because it can not only support Multiple applications with better performance.
CAT7 Ethernet Cable
CAT6 Ethernet Cable
CAT5e Ethernet Cable
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?