ARM optimized to run Docker on AArch64 Linux
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- ARM original operating system: RISC OS still alive after 35 years
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- ACME Project: Exploring the secrets of flames on the International Space Station
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
ARM optimized to run Docker on AArch64 Linux.
While Docker already supports running on AArch64 Linux, the default configuration “defconfig” of the mainline Linux kernel is missing some features that allow it to run out of the box.
An ARM engineer proposed tweaking these defaults to make it easier and more straightforward to run Docker on 64-bit ARM.
The Linux Kernel ARM64 (AArch64) default configuration used to build the kernel mainline is “defconfig” – some options are missing to allow Docker to run without modifying the Kconfig file.
Granted, most Linux distro kernels have customized their kernel configuration and support easy use of Docker on AArch64 Linux servers, but for those who aim to build based on defconfig or just want more and more ARM Linux servers For less troubled developers, ARM engineer Vincenzo Frascino is looking to update the default configuration to handle Docker.
Currently ARM64 defconfig lacks support for enabling cgroup freezer, Netfilter bridging module, Netfilter tag matching, Netfilter IPVS attribute matching on packets, and IP virtual server support.
A patch submitted by Vincenzo Frascino, currently awaiting review, updates the default configuration to enable features that allow Docker to run smoothly on the default configuration of the ARM64 Linux kernel.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?