Apple business website blocks Firefox browser
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
Apple business website blocks Firefox browser.
According to media Ghacks , when users open Apple’s business website business.apple.com in the Mozilla Firefox browser , they will see a “Your browser is not supported” prompt.
This message appears in all recent versions of Firefox, including Firefox Stable, Firefox ESR, and Firefox Nightly.
As can be seen from the figure, business.apple does block the Firefox browser, and recommends that users use Safari, Microsoft Edge or Chrome to access (tested, most of the Choromium-based zero browsers can browse normally).
Apple did not disclose why it did not support Firefox, and some netizens speculated that it might be a technical limitation that caused Apple’s commercial website to be incompatible with Firefox. But this statement is baseless.
After all, Firefox and Chrome have been working on a united front to formulate Web standards for many years.
Websites that support Chrome can be browsed normally with Firefox, not to mention a super giant like Apple.
Moreover, business.apple can actually be accessed normally with Firefox, but the UA of Firefox is blocked .
Users can change Firefox’s user agent (user agent – user agent, usually used as an identifier to mark the browser’s name, version, and other system information.) to Chrome ( Chrome in the address bar, enter chrome://version/ to view UA ), use a fake user-agent identifier to bypass Apple’s block.
The specific operation method is as follows:
- Type about:config in the Firefox address bar and press Enter, click Agree to skip the warning.
- Search for general.useragent.override , if there is no such option, click the + sign on the right to create a new string.
- After creating a new general.useragent.override, click Edit, enter the UA of the Chrome browser, and restart Firefox.
This method is not only applicable to the business.apple website. If the browser is blocked by any website, it can be fooled by modifying the UA.
Additionally, a UA switcher and manager extension already exists in the Firefox extension store that specifically modifies the UA to obfuscate the browser and system information collected by the site.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?