AMD RSR technology: Support thousands games and Performance 70% increased
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
AMD RSR technology: Support thousands games and Performance increased up to 70%.
AMD officially announces RSR technology: support thousands of games with a performance increase of up to 70%.
After FSR, AMD launched another black technology that can improve game performance-RSR screen scaling technology in this year’s CES 2022. The full name of this technology is Radeon Super Resolution, which claims to support thousands of games and achieve up to 70% performance improvement.
AMD claims that the algorithm of RSR and FSR is the same. Simply put, it is to improve game performance by reducing the input resolution – scaling rendering – native resolution output on the premise of preserving the image quality as much as possible.
AMD claims that RSR technology is compatible with thousands of games and supports all Radeon RX series graphics cards (initial support part), which will be directly integrated in the Radeon graphics driver, and players can turn it on with one click.
In terms of performance, AMD claims to be able to improve by up to 70%, and demonstrated that the default frame rate in “Warframe” (Warframe) 4K resolution is 222FPS, and it can reach 346FPS when RSR is turned on, an increase of 56%.
In addition, AMD has not yet announced when the RSR technology will be officially applied, only mentioning Q1 in 2022, and it is expected to see the dawn at the end of March.