AMD 5nm Zen4 architecture Ryzen 7000 processor will be available in the second half of this year
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
AMD 5nm Zen4 architecture Ryzen 7000 processor will be available in 2nd half of 2022.
AMD released its financial report for the fourth quarter of 2021 this morning (February 2).
The results showed that revenue for the quarter was US$4.826 billion, an increase of 49% year-on-year and a month-on-month increase of 12%.
GAAP gross profit was US$2.426 billion, a year-on-year increase of 67% and a month-on-month increase of 16%. GAAP net profit was US$974 million, down 45% year-on-year and up 6% month-on-month.
If not according to the US GAAP, the net profit was 1.122 billion US dollars, an increase of 76% year-on-year and a month-on-month increase of 25%.
For the full year of 2021, AMD achieved revenue of US$16.434 billion, a year-on-year increase of 68%; GAAP net profit of US$3.162 billion, a year-on-year increase of 27%; non-GAAP net profit of US$3.435 billion, a year-on-year increase of 118%.
In terms of segmented business, the revenue of the computing and display division was 2.6 billion US dollars, an increase of 32% year-on-year and an increase of 8% month-on-month.
AMD said that because of Ryzen’s rich product portfolio, the average price of client processors has increased.
Enterprise, embedded and semi-custom business revenue was US$2.2 billion, a year-on-year increase of 75%, of which data center business revenue doubled.
Looking ahead to 2022, AMD expects revenue of $5 billion in the first quarter, an increase of 45% year-on-year and a quarter-on-quarter increase of 4%. Full-year revenue was $21.5 billion, an increase of about 31% year-over-year.
In terms of products, AMD reiterated that the Ryzen 6000 APU processor notebook products will be launched in February, and the Ryzen 7000 processor with the 5nm Zen4 architecture will be available in the second half of this year.
After the financial report was announced, AMD’s stock price rose more than 10%. As of today’s close, AMD’s stock price has fallen 22% this year.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?