100MB cache: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D overclocking was cracked and rushed to 4.82GHz
- An American company made 0.7nm chips: EUV lithography machines can’t do it
- CVE-2007-4559 Python vulnerability ignored for 15 years puts 350,000 projects at risk of code execution
- RISC-V only takes 12 years to achieve the milestone of 10 billion cores
- 14000 cores + 450W: RTX 4080 graphics card perfectly replaces the RTX 3080
- Big upgrade: The difference between Bluetooth 5.0 and 5.2
- Geeks Disappointed that RTX 4080/4090 doesn’t come with PCIe 5.0
- What are advantages and disadvantages of different load balancing?
100MB cache: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D overclocking was cracked and rushed to 4.82GHz.
On April 13, the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D processor will be officially lifted and listed, and it is expected to challenge the i9-12900KS and regain the title of the strongest game processor again.
It stacks 64MB 3D V-Cache cache, plus the original 4MB L2 cache and 64MB L3 cache, totaling 100MB.
The official claim that the game performance is 15% higher than that of the Ryzen 9 5900X on average.
However, in order to maintain power consumption and heat, its frequency was reduced to only 3.4-4.5GHz, and overclocking was locked.
The official explanation for this is that when the Ryzen processor is overclocked, the voltage can be increased to 1.45-1.5V, and the voltage range of the 3D V-Cache cache is only 1.3-1.35V .
Any higher voltage will damage the hardware, so the frequency cannot be manually increased. However, Infinity Fabric bus and memory frequency are not limited.
Interestingly, despite AMD’s claim that overclocking is locked at the hardware level, it appears to have been cracked.
A screenshot of CPU-Z posted by hardware player SkatterBencher shows that the frequency of the Ryzen 7 5800X3D has run to 4.82GHz, corresponding to 106MHz FSB, 45.5x multiplier, and the core voltage is displayed as 1.306V , which does not exceed the 3D V-Cache. tolerance range.
The motherboard used is ASUS ROG C8E X570 , and ASUS’ Voltage Suspension (Voltage Suspension) technology is specially turned on to be able to overclock successfully.
- DIY a PBX (Phone System) on Raspberry Pi
- How to host multiple websites on Raspberry Pi 3/4?
- A Free Intercom/Paging system with Raspberry pi and old Android phones
- DIY project: How to use Raspberry Pi to build DNS server?
- Raspberry Pi project : How to use Raspberry Pi to build git server?